Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- A number of departments at the university have printed, produced and sourced items of PPE to help front-line, healthcare workers.
- Vital equipment has been loaned out to local NHS trusts with specialist staff and PHD students on site to support with the use of that equipment.
- Teaching staff have returned to NHS posts at critical care units and students have prolonged placements to support their NHS colleagues.
- University staff have produced key training material to introduce other professionals to best practice.
- Staff are using their free time to share their expertise with their immediate communities, including giving free language lessons to their neighbours.
- Staff and students have responded to Medway Council's call for volunteers to support vulnerable people. They have helped with prescription collection and deliveries to those vulnerable people from across the local area.
- The Greenwich Mutual Aid group have been given full-use of on-site campus kitchen facilities.
Student Care and Support
- The Students' Union Village Shop at Avery Hill has set up a vital delivery service for students still living on site.
- The Students Union has also been active in organising virtual activities including exercise classes, quizzes, study groups and mindfulness sessions.
- Research academics have added their names to the parliamentary database of expert volunteers.
The university is incredibly proud of all its staff and students who are contributing and enabling us to share their stories.