The bursaries are worth 50% of your monthly commuting cost between home and university up to £1,000 per academic year.
We expect these costs will mostly arise from public transport.
However, we can consider supporting petrol costs if you can demonstrate why travel by car is necessary (e.g. you live in a rural area with limited public transport).
We also support cycling and will support an application for a bicycle and safety equipment.
The commuter bursary is funded by our Hardship Fund and there are a capped number of awards. We offer these on a first-come, first-served basis.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for a commuter bursary, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You are a fully registered student at the University of Greenwich starting in September 2020.
- You are studying at one of our campuses (Greenwich / Avery Hill / Medway).
- You can demonstrate or show evidence of regular commuting costs.
- Your household income is below £25,000.
- If you are studying an undergraduate course, you will receive the full maintenance loan from Student Finance England.
- If you are studying a postgraduate course, you will receive a postgraduate loan and you have a clear plan for paying your course costs.
You must also consent to share information with the University to verify your entitlement to a commuter bursary.
How to apply
You apply to our Greenwich Hardship Fund, which opens in October until the spring of 2021.
If you would like further details about this bursary, including full terms and conditions, please contact us:
- Tel: 020 8331 9000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org